Koh Samui


Advertisement
Asia
April 26th 2010
Published: April 26th 2010
Edit Blog Post

After a fairly easy, if not bumpy boat ride we arrived at Koh Samui and was taken straight to our resort. For my Birthday, Dan was sorting out for us to stay in a really nice resort for a couple of days. We are staying at a place called Tango Beach Resort - google it, it's lovely!!.

So basically for the past few days we have chilled out and had a really cool time. The beach is lovely, the sea is so so hot and the service at our hotel is brilliant. Managed to watch the Wolves game the other night and very very excited that we are staying up for sure!!!

Congratulations to Anna by the way. Not only has she just had the most gorgeous little thing ever but she also managed to do the day before mine and Grandma's birthday - well done! Also congratulations to Aunty "Nanny" Jo and thanks for the message!

Yesterday we went on a tour to Ang Thong National Marine Park which was really beautiful. There was a lot of walking up lots of stairs to get some great views of the islands and the Emerald Lake but it was worth it. Whilst there the weather became very odd. It was bright sunshine for the most part but then whilst eating lunch on the boat we saw a tornado out at sea, really interesting! It was only little but I'm a total geek when it comes to weather. We then travelled to another trpoical island beach and went swimming in the sea. It was so much fun as the waves had started to get quite big. Then a cloud came over the top of the island hill and it started to hammer it down - we could also see another cloud funnel in the distance. We carried on paddling and wave jumping and it was a very surreal, odd experience and I loved it - so thankyou very much Laurie!

We had a bit of a drama about where we are staying Koh Phi Phi so decided late last night to stay here another night and change our boat/bus tickets. We are ow just chilling out again and will be heading off at 6am tomorrow instead.

Thankyou to everyone for their birthday messages and thankyou for all your concerns about me - don't worry I am no where near Bangkok and I am well away and safe!!

Can't believe we have a week left in Thailand now, time does fly when you're having fun!


Advertisement



26th April 2010

Just about to look upo where you are on the internet sounds absolutely wonderful. Hope you had a good birthday, Linda, Heather and I went to Halpenny green wineplace forlunch and then at night we had a chinese take away at Linda together with Ian and the boys. Sue would not stay for anything to eat - her hard luck. I enjoyed my day as I saw nearly all the family except of course yourself and your Dad. Better lunck next year I hope. All my love, Grandma xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Tot: 0.096s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0469s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb