money honey hometime


Advertisement
Asia
April 24th 2010
Published: April 24th 2010
Edit Blog Post

So we left Railay to go to Ko Phi Phi the next day and we got about 50 people into a few small longtail boats out to the middle of the sea and then we had to climb up with our backpacks onto a big ferry, very fun and slighty daft as always. From the ferry you could see thousands and thousands of jelly fish, eeek!
Phi Phi is two islands, one full of people, mainly tourists and the other empty, a protected island where the beach off of "the beach" is located. We stayed on Phi Phi Don, and it was packed full of shops, bars, restaraunts and resorts. We sat in a bar and had a nice 10am beer and Russ and Tony went off to find somewhere to stay as there is no vehicles on the island so backpack trekking is the only option. They were gone for an hour but found us a nice place to stay. Although me and Russ will sleep anywhere Jakki and Tony like aircon so it was really hard to find anywhere within price range as it's super pricey, so it was a little splash out on a resort with a pool and all that stuff. We were greated by the hotel staff with a pinapple juice and a cold flannel, nice...classy!
We did a day trip on a speed boat and went to a beach full of monkeys, a cave that houses birdnests used in a chinese delicacy "bird nest soup.. yuk and then snorkelling in a few spots and last of all to Maya bay where the beach was filmed. Great day, really fun. Got stuck on Maya bay as the tide went out and the speed boat got stuck on the coral, silly man just tried to blast us out, messed up the bottom of the boat and freaked us out slightly.
The snorkelling was pretty good, saw some amazing fish called parrot fish, rainbow coloured and all sorts of other fishys.
"The beach" wasn't quite what we expected as it was fully packed with people and the bay was full of boats and the sea was a bit rubbishy, but it was still pretty cool being there as it's what we all view as paradise.
The next day was Jakki and Tonys last day down south before they were to fly from Krabi to Bangkok to fly back home so I set off for a week by myself so that Russ could have a day alone with Jakki and Tony and a few days alone with Wilson who flys out here in 2 days. As you all know this very obviuosly all went completly tits up!
The volcano went off in Iceland and no flights are leaving or arriving into europe so I left to go off to Ko Lanta by myself, but Jakki and Tony got to Bangkok and then came straight back down south as they can't fly home until the 6th of May.
Wilson also is stuck and can't get out here until the 27th of April, so all a bit up in the air but still, for Jakki and Tony its another 2 weeks in paradise and for Wilson, we'll fill your 1 week with 3 weeks worth of fun!
We also reviewed our money situation and have come to a realistic desition that we haven't got much left and along with lots of other reasons we have decided to come home early so we will be seeing you in about 9 weeks!


Additional photos below
Photos: 66, Displayed: 24


Advertisement



Tot: 0.134s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 11; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0578s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb