Yanminshan-Taroko goarge-Huoalien


Advertisement
Asia
February 25th 2010
Published: March 14th 2010
Edit Blog Post

It rained for 3 days when I came back to Tucheng after Chinese New Year. The rain did dampen the New Year celebration in Taipei City as most people travel to the more sunny south.
Traveled to Yanminshan--the famous national park just outside Taipei city. There were hot spring up in the mountain. We took some pictures beside one of the small one. There were many walking trails up to the various mountain top. I did not walk up to those trails as my families were not keen on doing much exertion.
Could not find parking to go into the park itself due to crowds.
On Wednesday, my brother, Shong drove me to the east coast via the new Hwy and tunnels . We left home in Tucheng at 9am and got to Taroko gorge by 1130am. The east coast mountain roads transversed several mountains along the ocean coast line. Loads of tourist buses. The scenary is quite beautiful by the Taroko Gorge. There actually are some campsites along the gorge which you could not prebook. I imagine that will be beautiful to camp there.
Went to the Taipei city Lantern Festival and visited the Marnga Street area where there used to be many Taiwan Gansters in the 80's. There is this new movie out called "Marnga" which depicted the life of some of these gangsters. The parents and educators here are concerned that this may be a bad influence on the youth population as the movie glamourized the gangster lifestyle.



Additional photos below
Photos: 48, Displayed: 22


Advertisement

Yanminsan Taipei National ParkYanminsan Taipei National Park
Yanminsan Taipei National Park

hot spring with steam coming up from the mountain


21st March 2010

re photos
Hi Lilan, Loved your tiger. You are a a woman of many talents The scenery is breathaking. It's wonderful to see such beautiful scenery and to see all the fascinating places you are visiting. Since I will never get to this area it 's a treat. You look like you are having a great time and you will have so many memories to treasure. Take care Beth '

Tot: 0.093s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 6; qc: 43; dbt: 0.038s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb