Delhi!


Advertisement
Asia
November 18th 2009
Published: November 18th 2009
Edit Blog Post

well its been a long couple of days in delhi! arrived tired but safe found our taxi man easily. our first hostel (note we say FIRST) was small but clean, friendly and helpful we spent two nights there the only bad thing being the noise from a olad of pidgeons outside our windo that didnt stop cooing. at breakfast on the first morning we met a really nice girl that told us that the taxi we had taken the night before had broken down coz the wheel flew off and just rolled off down the road. i was thinking thank goodness that didnt happen to us at 4 in the morning! were staying on the main bazaar which is crazy selling all sorts of things and people are onstantly trying to sell things and adams been offered drugs loads of times... must be something about the way he looks.

the first morning we , well actually it was more my idea, that we go for a walk and no bother too much with rickshaws but we didnt really think we would be too jetlagged turned out we were but we had a nice morning walking around the india gate and the government buildings and a temple (which i cant remember the name of right now). we came back for lunch in a rooftop restauant which was nice but bit over priced but we wer too tired to care at this point. after a sleep we found a nice bar called "my Bar" where we just had a really nice potato dish called jeera aloo and naan for dinner and also reasonably priced beer where adam had his first prized kingfisher. its become our local a bit.

we were planning, for the next morning, for adams birthday to go and see the red fort and the largest mosque in india however we got kicked of our hostel! they had essentially double booked so he arranged for us to stay in another hostel called "yes boss' whic on first impressions seemed nicer than "smyle inn" but its 10 times worse" it has a smelly bathroom useless staff who speak no englih but happyily run around the hotel at all hours shouting. so no too much sleep has been had despite a few kingfishers!

last night we went to bukharas which was lovely (thank janet and colin) the dahl was amazing, however two small beers cost 800 rps! just under under 10 quid. and we lost our taxi driver but he turned up in the end.

so now were off to agra. Speak soon. x

Advertisement



18th November 2009

:)
sounds like you've been pretty busy already!!! sooooooooooo jealous!!!!!!!!!! ENJOY! XXX

Tot: 0.095s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 5; qc: 43; dbt: 0.0378s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb