Forest trek and flight to Siem Reap


Advertisement
Asia
November 5th 2009
Published: November 5th 2009
Edit Blog Post

I'll start from the end and then return to the forest trek.

Yesterday at the evening, right after we returned from the trek, i went to a travel agency in order to check possible flight dates from Luang Prabang to Siem Reap. At the agency i learned that there are no available flights at the days i was looking for (3-4 days starting 8.11) and that my best option is to cut one day of Luang Namta plans and to catch a flight on 7.11. At the moment i was checking there were only 3 available seats for that flight. Therefore i booked the flight and bought a minivan ticket to Luang Prabang for the following (today's) morning. So i am back in Luang Prabang and the day after tomorrow i am flying to Cambodia.

Now back to the beginning - forest camp trek.

Yes, it was great - definitely one of the most satisfying experiences of the trip (till now). Hiking in ever-changing forest, crossing rivers (by foot, in the water) and streams (on improvised bridges), camping (surrounded by night jungle sounds), drinking lao-lao (rice whiskey) while siting around a bonfire, eating (with hands, no dishes) local food served on banana leaves - fun, isn't is :-)

Btw, on my previous post i mentioned that we should spent one night in a local village. That was my misunderstanding - there are no more villages in the area we were trekking since hunting in the Nam Ha national park is forbidden so local people had to move out of its territory. At the end of the trek we visited Akha (one of the minorities) village but it was only for lunch on our way back to Luang Namta.

Photos will be added in the following days... (done)

Sincere apologises for not answering any e-mails during the last week - just had no free time whenever i was near by internet cafes and whenever i had a lot of free time (like at the forest evenings) there was no internet at all :-)


Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement

The real wild lifeThe real wild life
The real wild life

(Kucha, dont look at this one!)
Dont trust strangers and stick to your piggy Dont trust strangers and stick to your piggy
Dont trust strangers and stick to your piggy

(the piggy is the black one on left side)


Tot: 0.099s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 10; qc: 61; dbt: 0.0433s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb