Ahoy Thailand!


Advertisement
Asia
August 12th 2009
Published: August 22nd 2009
Edit Blog Post

Okay, so we made it to the land of THAI! The flight was way more roomier and the staff was way nicer. Due to our "vegetarian" status, we get fed first and the food is way better...score!

Anyways, we didn't have to worry about lost luggage on the new flight cause we didn't check any fool.

So we scored a taxi from the airport to our hotel (guest house), which allowed us to become familiar with the crafty driving of the Thai's...basically, your best off not even looking up or you'll have an anxiety attack. Take the maniacal driving of Tijuana and add the people and urgency of NYC. Also, we were stuck in traffic for at least an hour to go probably like 1 mile.

We get out of the taxi to get a nice waft of the Bangkok stank...super gnarly. After checking in we went for a walk to the backpacker center of Khao San Road and got a nice taste of what Bangkok is all about. Street vendors, people, food, stank, Europeans, etc. We both scored a plate of Pad Thai for about 75 cents each and scored a 24 oz. Chang(thai) beer for about $1.10. Prices for food and beer are about this much on the average.

Apparently it was the Queen's birthday...so later in the evening we walked down the street the other way and discovered a chaotic festival! This is when we discovered how inrtigued the Thai were with Megan, in particular her tattoos. My tattoos didn't seem to phase them really, but Megan was a sight to be seen for sure...people were breaking their necks. It made me laugh.


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



Tot: 0.136s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 8; qc: 56; dbt: 0.0523s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb