heading into Sichuan


Advertisement
Asia
July 25th 2009
Published: July 29th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Soft sleeper train from Kunming to Yibin yesterday. Yes... Soft sleeper, going for luxury as the weather was rather hot lately. But the air-con seem doesn't really work at night, the answer was "we switch it off because the temperature was lower than 23 degree." the worse was the fan doesn't work as well in our small cubic, its work only for few second by patting the fan, so me and another passenger on the upper berth took term to hit. Soon we got tired and said fxxk it! A night with sauna!
A short ride from Yibin train station to South bus station gave me a quick glimpse of the town, ugly was my impression! An hour by bus away is Gongxian where we switch another bus to our destination Luobiao, a long ride on a narrow winding road for almost 3 hrs, the worse was...the heat! Find an air-con room next to the bus station for only 40 yuan,great bagain! The heat and the continuous long journey from Kunming already wore us off, so we slept the rest of the day away.
Luobiao is the area with many ancient hanging coffin from the Bo people, the reason why, how and what about the hanging coffin was still a mystery. Even the Bo people themselves was disappeared completely 500 years ago during the Ming Dynasty. now a couple hundreds of hanging coffins still can be seen in the valley 3km down from Luobiao town. A 20 kuai entry fee and you walk through the gate for the 5km ring-walk. First you could got some basic info of the site in the small show-room next to the ticket office, but only chinese description.
Impression of the site :
Although the sight of hanging coffin are rather interesting, and the area are quite pretty too. If in nice climate it would be a great idea to walk through the site, but the weather like the day I wa there...almost 40 degree at 600m sea level, I think couples of hundred coffins are too many to visit. You always find yourself walking with head face the sky! And the thing I didn't like about the place was many transportation running inside the site, especially big truck whirled up desert storm, and rather dangerous while your walk with your face skywards!
Perhaps just do what the local do, they only visited 2 places inside the site, both are on high ground after hunderd of steps climbing which offered closer look at the coffins and great view of the surrounding area.

Note
Train KM to Yibin soft-sleeper 200 yuans
Bus Yibin to Gongxian 16 yuans
Bus Gongxian to Luobiao 15 yuans


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement



Tot: 0.038s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0224s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb