Koh Mak


Advertisement
Asia
April 9th 2009
Published: April 9th 2009
Edit Blog Post

After a few days in the hot, humid and busy Bangkok we were ready to get to the beach. We found an amazing island called Koh Mak which is yet to be ruined by mass tourism. And I have to say its as close to paradise as I have been, white deserted sandy beaches, lined with coconut trees and crystal clear blue water. Chilling out was the order of the day here, we tried various forms of chilling; hammocks, deckchairs and just plain old snoozing on the beach!! The only time the tranquility and peace was broken was when a coconut fell down and hit one of the huts, but we decieded we could live with this! There was some really good snorkelling also and some coral just off the beach. We were going to get a kayak and try to get to an even smaller island opposite, but in the end we just counld not be bothered with the effort and chilled a bit more instead. In the evenings it was a case of watching the sun set and grabbing some food, which was really tasty plenty of BBQs by the beach. We got a real taste of island life when we tried to get a lift to the other side of the island, there were no trucks available so we got a lift in the islands only police car instead. It wasn't the police guy driving it though just some random thai guy, I'm not sure he knew how to drive it either as we drove the whole way with the handbrake on! an interesting experience. Also met a guy from the UK who had set up his own bar over here - sounds tempting....


Additional photos below
Photos: 11, Displayed: 11


Advertisement



Tot: 0.034s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 8; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0162s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb