Asia all over...view!


Advertisement
Asia
November 20th 2008
Published: November 20th 2008
Edit Blog Post

So, we have done Asia.. not literally ALL of it but i feel we have fited in a HUGE amount in a pretty small space of time! We have seen so much it's hard to keep up with when and where we saw and did everything!
Our favourite country on the trip was probably Cambodia, not exactly sure why! A combination of the people being so friendly and all the amazing new cultural things we saw, the activities we did and just the fact we were on our first part of the trip and getting to know everyone in the group and really having a laugh! I personally enjoyed playing with all the children in the village the day we went for the bike rides, and also i thought the Tuol Sleng museum and killing fields was really interesting and moving.
We also liked Laos, but i think that was mainly tubing, which was such a great great day and that our leader Nok was so much fun!
Vietnam was a bi more of a disappointment mainly as the people were a lot less friendly, but we had some interesting night-train experiences and the Chu CHi tunnels were really unique!

Doing Intrepid trip was really the right move we thought, we got to meet a whole lot of people-many of whom we will definately stay in contact with and have spent some time with since the trip ended, not to mention all the shared hints and tips for the rest of our year we have collected from various members!It just meant we could see the best bits of each country in a short space of time, had we done it alone it would have taken us days just to find our bearings and work out how to get around places and how much to pay for things!


We both really like Kuala Lumpur, just because it was really busy but easy to get around but there were still some really pretty spots, and Melakka but mainly because we stayed in such a great hostel and met some more really fun people.

The whole experience has made us definately more tolerant of each other but seriously we have learnt a lot about so many cultures and really changed our perception of countries we thought we knew a fair bit about!But also introduced us to places we had never even heard of which is also great! However i think we are both ready to move on to another country and a different culture as we both felt it was starting to get a bit 'samey' and we wanted a bit of a rest from planning each and every detail for every day!

So, the blogging will continue in Australia but perhaps not as frequently once we hopefully secure some work!

keep in touch!


Advertisement



Tot: 0.104s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 7; qc: 43; dbt: 0.0456s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb