sun day 156


Advertisement
Vietnam's flag
Asia » Vietnam
July 2nd 2015
Published: July 2nd 2015
Edit Blog Post

Having booked a tour for today it was an early start getting picked up at 07.30. Sitting next to an older couple from Australia we were driven for an hour out to a small town called My Son. On the outskirts of the town sits a site that used to contain over 70 temples, but since the Vietnam war and the Americans dropping their bombs now only 20 temples remain. Taking my rain jacket but leaving the hood behind - I'm sure I wont need it!? Famous last words as the heavens opened and the rain came crashing down. Having a tour round what is now a site of ruins in the pouring rain isn't totally my idea of fun! Heading back towards the bus the rain was easing off slightly and we were driven to an area to catch a boat back to Hoi An. We all had lunch on the boat which was quite nice before stopping off at a small island which specialises in wood carving. After having a look around the workshop we were back on the boat for the final stop. Once on dry land I walked back to the tailors for the final fitting. I was really pleased with the finished product, so it was all going to be dropped off to me later at the hotel as the rain was still falling! Popping back into the central market I stopped off for some hand made spring rolls and a fruit shake ( I'm really going to miss these when I come back to the UK!) while trying out my Vietnamese with a couple of local ladies as we told each other about our families. Walking back to the hotel for a dry off and a shower the man from the tailors dropped off my outfit and I headed out for some dinner. Opting to stay close to the hotel but armed with my hood this time it was lucky as after my meal and chatting to a nice family from New Zealand down came the rain again! Walking back to the hotel was like walking through a river- but not too sure exactly what you're walking through! Back at the hotel I packed my bags for setting off in the morning and relaxed in the dry!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.134s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 8; qc: 43; dbt: 0.0769s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb