CAMBODIA/ VIETNAM


Advertisement
Vietnam's flag
Asia » Vietnam
September 4th 2006
Published: September 4th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Ok, so to finish up Cambodia... We went to the Killing Fields and Secret Prison of Pol Pot and the Khmeir Ruge. At the fields Pol Pot killed about 3 million people, from young kids to adults. There is a Stupa in the middle with over 8000 human skulls in it. The guy that was our guide was telling us how Pol Pot would kill these innocent people. And believe me, how he did it was rather gross. He would have them tortured, raped and killed. There is 84 mass graves at the fields and when you walk around them you will see the real bones and real clothes. Its a really really bad feeling there. But we went on to the S21 secret prison where Pol Pot would have the prisoners tortured, interrogated and killed. He would make sure to have a record of everything that went on there. The original cells are still there as with some blood stains on the walls and ground. The electric cables are still there from where the electro thereapy went on... Sick stuff huh...



From Cambodia we took a 24 USD tour to Saigon (Ho Chi Minh city). It took a 5 hour boat ride and a 4 hour bus ride. Rather nice and they took us to the best part of Saigon, the backpackers road! When we got to Saigon it rained for 8 hours in a row! Went to the Cu Chi tunnels and saw around there. When we got there though we met some former VC (Viet Cong) and they were the ones who put the tour on. We went around seeing the booby traps they would use (sick bastards!) and where the B52 bombs hit the tunnels! Then we went in the tunnels... Our guide made me go on point, of course! The thing is being in the fronts sucks ass, not scary just pitch black. I couldnt see the back of my hand and I had it about on my friggin face! So I got 25 meters down and ran into the wall. These tunnels are about 2 feet wide and 3 feet tall! Anyways, I decided to pull out my chem light. BAD IDEA! I went even more blind because I was seeing bright lights! Oh it sucked ass! From there we went to the reunification palace. Its pretty much the same as the white house so Im not going into detail with it. Actually thats about all Im saying about it! (Dont have the time)



Anywho, we took a train to Da Nang and a short ride to China beach then on to Hoi An. Now we are here in Hoi An and are here for 2 days then on to Chu Lai and Hue and out to where my dad had his battles. Well, Im gonna go get a drink and take a shower. Love you all and talk with you soon.


~KRIS~


Advertisement



Tot: 0.184s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0586s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb