Memories of Vietnam 2012 - Motorbikes trip- Highlights


Advertisement
Vietnam's flag
Asia » Vietnam
February 3rd 2013
Published: February 3rd 2013
Edit Blog Post

Dear Friends.

How are you? Where are u now? Do u still remember the trip of Vietnam we went together last year.

3 of us are going to Vietnam again this CNY holiday.

It s recalling me a lot highlights of the trip last year.

Vietnam, We went there via boarder of Guangxi.

The route:

Shenzhen- Xiangning (Guangxi)- Hanoi - Hue - Danang - Hoi An - Miyama - Nha Trang - Dalat - Mui Ne - Saigon - Thailand – Shenzhen

Time: 14th Jan-3rd Feb. 2012

The most interested thing was renting a motorbike.

They have many motorbike or bicycles for rent in VN. I can’t remember price of renting a bicycle. I rented motorbike for my whole trip. 4-5 usd per day for most of the cities. Except Saigon and Mui Ne, which were 8 to 10usd per 24 hours. We drove to countryside, to beaches, to temples, to churches, to markets

The most beautiful city

I would say it’s Mui Ne. Our best hotel, nice beach, food

We rented a motorbike, drove through the whole Mui ne, from very north to very south. Arrived to a village, acted as local people to attended their traditional ceremony. No language conversation between villager and us. But it seem that we can understand each other.

The fantastic night

Viet Nam New Year is on the same day as China New year. We were in Nha Trang.

We leisure walked at the beach after dinner. Thousands of Vietnamese were cerebrating there, Fireworks. Music, dragon dance Lion dance. People dance, ect.

We were drinking at the beach and countdown from the coming Dragon year.

The interesting gets lost

There were no body could understand us in Saigon bus station. It causes us brought a ticket to a place that we did not know. Almost nobody in that town can speak English. It seem that we are the only foreign visitors here. It’s the boarder with Cambodia at Mekong River. We saw and feel the actual local live and those people lived in boarder.

The horrible memory

We took a night bus from Hoi An to Nha Trang, which will take 10 hours more. It was the mid stop on wild road with 2 or 3 stores for resting and toilet. One passenger broke one thing near the opening door. The driver who can’t speak English said something to him.. I don’t quite understand the story for this part.

Suddenly, The driver chopped at the passenger with a long knife (the one we use to cut watermelon), its missed. The passenger ran away quickly. The driver ran after. Most of passengers were scared. Some girls start screaming and crying.

The passenger ran into the dark. Disappeared in darkness field。The driver came back. Stewards appeared. The passenger’s girl friend cried very sadly.

Stewards talked to the drive. Someone call police center for help. But the most closed police station is very far away. it need to drive 1 hour or more to help us. One American woven with long hair, tall and slim, Walked closed and speak to those bus guys loudly.

“ Hey, …… U can ‘t treat passenger in this way. .. We want our luggage back. We are not take u bus. . Then u can go. Or so says like that.

I don’t know what the bus driver said to the lady,

The bus driver just drove away without gave our luggage back. Some passengers, friends were still in the bus.

A few minutes passed, they drove back. And said to us; it’s you last choice to get in car. Otherwise. U will stay here. It’s around 2-3 am. as I remember,

All of them get in car without saying any thing. But very angry,some girls were crying.

We arrived Nha Trang at very morning. All passengers were sad.

And I still worried about the guy.

Him girl friend said that he already reached polices, they would met in Nha Trang later.

Vietnam a nice(knife) country.



It’s still have many interesting things do not mention. Lost of memories for that trip.

Thank you for accompanies.


Additional photos below
Photos: 30, Displayed: 25


Advertisement



Tot: 0.064s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 11; qc: 25; dbt: 0.0236s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb