Ho Chi Minh City


Advertisement
Vietnam's flag
Asia » Vietnam
December 28th 2012
Published: January 6th 2013
Edit Blog Post

We head off today on a walk around the city, heading past the Ben Thanh Market we head up to the war remnants museum, dedicated to show the story of the war, some of its pretty gruesome but worth a visit.

From here we head back via the Reunification palace gardens, the gardens themselves are nothing special but they are filled with random stone sculptures dotted around the place.

Heading back to the market to do a spot of shopping, this is an experience in it self, hundreds of stalls crammed under one roof including all sorts of meats, fish and everything else you can think of and pro ally don't want to think of.....

The rest of the afternoon we spend wandering around the little boutique souvenir shops dotted around Bien Vie, there's hundreds of them selling all sorts of things, the t-shirts are ace!

We had to say our good byes to Kate and Andy as they headed off to the Airport to head home : ( had a fantastic time with them, going to miss them loads.

Richard and I have booked day trips for the next day so early to bed ....ooh and a treat with habit of TV, feels weird watching after almost a month!


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement

MarketMarket
Market

A tasty sea cucumber anyone???


Tot: 0.105s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 9; qc: 45; dbt: 0.053s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb