Nha Trang to Halong Bay


Advertisement
Vietnam's flag
Asia » Vietnam
February 27th 2009
Published: February 28th 2009
Edit Blog Post

After a couple of days relaxing by the beach in Nha Trang we took the overnight bus to Hoi An which is roughly half way up Vietnam. Hoi An used to be an international port and is now a quaint little village that is a popular tourist stop. Every second shop in Hoi An is a tailors (there are over 200 of them). Lisa is very happy after dress purhase number 3!

Whilst in Hoi An we hired a motorbike (Lisa just can't stay off the two wheels now - sorry Helen!). We visited some of the local sights and exchanged the usual pleasentaries of "ello wha you from?" with a local on her scooter enroute - only in Vietnam!

During a short stay in the old capital of Hue we visited a tomb of a former king who is famous for having 33 wives and 142 children.

We have just returned from a 2 day trip of Halong Bay which is one of the natural wonders of the world. There are around 2000 karst islands jutting out of the sea and the scenery is truly stunning. During the trip we lazed under the cloudy sky, kayaked and explored many caves. Unfortunatley our memory card has become corrupted and we have no photos to prove we were there! We hope to recover these photos at a later date.

We slept overnight on the boat and seemed to have a contest with the 40 or so other boats moored for the night over who had the loudest karaoke system. Brian thinks Lisa's version of Dancing Queen with the New Yorker backing dancers won hands down!

After 3 weeks in Vietnam it is time to move on and we are off to the south of Thailand this afternoon.



Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



Tot: 0.115s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 9; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0597s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb