Watch out for things that splash !!!


Advertisement
Vietnam's flag
Asia » Vietnam
January 16th 2023
Published: January 16th 2023
Edit Blog Post

An early start to get to the floating market . An amazing selection of fruit and vegetables mostly for the wholesale market . Boats piled with water melons , pineapples , sweet potatoes and so many other things . Signified by a selection tied on to a bamboo cane on the boat . We sailed up and down seeing transactions taking place, boats overloaded with produce

At one point we passed a large boat where I noticed a man sitting at the back of the boat , only his upper body visible … he gave me one of those looks and one now that’s imprinted on my mind ! As as we sailed on by something dropped from under him and splashed into the water ….. I knew then what the expression was for on his face !!!!

We breakfasted like the locals our guide calling to various little boats to bring tea and coffee, dumplings, coconut cakes, noodle soup , coconut cakes and we even managed to squeeze in some pineapple only because our guide told us it would make us youthful looking !!

We then went on to make rice noodles , even making the rice paper and seeing how it was coloured and saw how the noodles were cut from the paper . Who was to know that tapioca was a root ! All these years I thought it was little balls !!! We also visited a coconut sweet factory , a fruit farm and saw dragon fruits growing as well as winter apples and had a tasting .

The cocoa farm was amazing , seeing cacao growing , seeing a seed pod , tasting all products from nibs to cocoa, cacao butter and chocolate . The owner exports all his beans in huge quantities but makes a little chocolate by hand for the tourist trade . We even got shown how but 100% chocolate is strong !!

We walked through a seedling /plant village where they grow an incredible amount of plants for markets and wholesalers .

Then some delicious spring rolls in a local restaurant , after buying our hats from a local maker .

Then off to Ho chi min for our last day in Vietnam




Additional photos below
Photos: 85, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.067s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 5; qc: 43; dbt: 0.0356s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb