Sweatshops


Advertisement
Vietnam's flag
Asia » Vietnam » Southeast » Ho Chi Minh City
April 29th 2014
Published: April 30th 2014
Edit Blog Post

I found out that Nike uses sweatshops to create their footwear. The conditions in their sweat shops is very bad. Their biggest private employers are Vietnam. They have 130,000 people working in the sweatshop. They treat their workers with no respect what so ever. I found out that the majority of the people working in the sweatshops were women. They make about 80% of the people working there. Also most of the women are in their teens or early twenties. They have to work six days a week and long hours. They usually work for nine to thirteen hours a day. They pay each worker thirteen to twenty cents an hour. So, they live on two or less dollars a day. It is said that even though women are the majority in the sweatshop they are the ones getting paid less. Men are the ones getting paid more and they are much older then the women working there. The men work in the sweatshops as supervisors. They have found a lot of employee abuse from the supervisors in a lot of sweatshops like nikes. I do not think that there is anything that could be done to create these products without using cheap labor. I think the only possible reason is for owners of these factories try to be less greedy and pay thier workers more. However, i do not think that will ever happen that is why i think that there is no solution. Everything will stay the same until the workers stand up for themselves.


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



Tot: 0.031s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0147s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb