Our little holiday within a holiday.


Advertisement
Vietnam's flag
Asia » Vietnam » Southeast » Ho Chi Minh City
October 19th 2012
Published: October 19th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Our beach time in Vietnam had to come to a close at some point and it did. We crash landed in a city last night. Not just any city but Ho Chi Minh city... We only saw a snapshot last night whilst trying to negotiate the way around the people to find food but what we have seen looks every bit the opposite of what we have just come from.

When we arrived in Nha Trang a taxi driver tried to rip us off by taking us a complete detour and trying to charge us for the tour we did not ask for (he had no idea who he was messing with), we arrived at our hostel. It was so clean and white that i absolutely felt like i was on holiday.

Nha Trang is a lovely beach side place to relax and eat some good food and have a few 2 for 1 potent cocktails with some friends. It's the place to come to learn snorkling and diving but it was a little out of season and we have been reading up on how amazing Malasia is for this so we thought we would wait. Needless to say there is plenty to do there. We visited the local mud baths when you literallly bathe in a bath full of mineral mud, which we found out you actually float in. We then soaked in a mineral water bath which makes your skin feel lovely followed by lunch and an afternoon by the pool.

We spent many an hour on the beach, me reading and Craig running back and forth to jump the waves.

After three nights we headed to Mui Ne which is exactly between Nha Trang and Saigon it spread out our journey nicely.

Mui Ne is very quiet. People don't even honk their horns that much. It is very much a resort place and if you like kite surfing and wind surfing this is the place to be. In season this place must be heaving but we were quite content to watch the surfers from the side lines and get the odd massage. Hard work i know.

So now we are back to travelling reality it is time to take in some culture. There is planty to see and do here so we'll be spoilt for choice. The bikini may just have to wait for Australia (2 weeks!)


Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement



Tot: 0.126s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.1008s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb