The busy streets of Saigon


Advertisement
Vietnam's flag
Asia » Vietnam » Southeast » Ho Chi Minh City
November 7th 2011
Published: November 7th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Hanoi compared to Saigon is quiet. This place is non stop 24 hours a day with the constant flow of traffic and the never ending sound of horns. Never do you get a moments piece. We sat having dinner one night on the corner of the main street and not for one second were we able to focus on something, the surroundings were constantly changing. As to be expected with any major city they cater for westerners very well, however, for the best food the local Vietnamese stalls are the place to go.

Our time here has been spent sightseeing the Cu Chi tunnels and the War museum. The tunnels were great to see and to experience how small and compact they were. Both Pete and I are not great fans of museums but the war museum was actually very interesting and well worth a visit. For me, one of the most enjoyable aspects of our stay has been to learn about the goings on during the war with America as previously I knew very little. Don’t worry you are reading this correctly I am actually enjoying learning about Vietnamese history and as I am aware the same applies for Pete.

Saigon is our last stop here in Vietnam before heading into Cambodia. As much as we have both enjoyed Vietnam, after 3 weeks we are both now looking forward to a change of location.

See you in Cambodia

Tom and Pete


Advertisement



Tot: 0.099s; Tpl: 0.015s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0692s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb