Viet Nam - Day 1


Advertisement
Vietnam's flag
Asia » Vietnam » Southeast » Ho Chi Minh City
March 27th 2006
Published: May 15th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Took a tuk-tuk to Capitol to catch our bus to Ho Chi Minh City (Saigon). Unlike our previous experiences taking buses, it left right on time. The border crossing at Moc Bai was uneventful and easy. About an hour later we were in HCMC, the bus stopped right on the main tourist drag, Pham Ngu Lao. Right when we got off the bus a woman greeted us touting the availability of rooms in her guesthouse. So we thought why not and went to take a look, if this placed turned out to be okay, it would beat walking around searching. She led us into this alley off the main drag to My My Art Hotel. It was pretty cute, she said that it was only 5 months old…who knows. It was clean and pretty reasonably priced the 2 most important qualities, we stayed. We walked around for a while, stopped at Allez Boo for a beer. Walked to Sinh Café to book Cu Chi Tunnels and Cao Dai Cathedral day tour, and a 2 day Mekong Delta trip. Had pho for dinner and had drinks at Eden and GO2 Bar. We ended the night with fresh Vietnamese beer (bia hoi), the cheapest drink you can get, 4 glasses for less than a dollar!

Advertisement



15th May 2006

Greetings from Atlanta
Hi Fel and Todd, Hope all is well. It looks like you are having a great time as usual. Wish I was there but I'll get my chance. BTW, I work with Chiquita Covington (from NO) here at the state. Looking forward to seeing you all when you return. Have (more) fun and stay safe. peace and love
17th May 2006

Hi there
hope you are doing fine. I really miss you guys. Seems that your adventures never end.... I'm glad to know you are enjoying every trip. love, Erika =)

Tot: 0.038s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 7; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0196s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb