"off to Hogwarts"


Advertisement
Vietnam's flag
Asia » Vietnam » Southeast » Ho Chi Minh City
September 30th 2008
Published: October 6th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Day 14 (i think) and we started with a mooch around the town, killing time after check-out. we went to the big indoor market and wandered around so matt could practise his bargaining skills some more-getting bargains for a few of the girls we were with! he's very skilled now!!
We went and had a huge lunch in anticipation of the Night train later on and then went to stock up on snacks for the trip.

I have to say, sitting outside the supermarket during rush hour in Vietnam is quite an experience, it is ridiculously busy,noisy and i am shocked there was no accidents either!It was quite amusing the amount of people who slowed down to have a look at the long row of english people sitting outside the shop too..i think we were the reason behind some serious close calls!!

Off to the night train, quite a novelty-it did really feel like i was going to Hogwarts!! (i have been listening to a LOT of Harry Potter recently!) The little cabins were quite dinky, they had 4 beds, 2 sets of bunks with air con and stuff.. it was quite luxurious compared to the 6 bed cabins of the same size a bit further down the train.
Toileting was quite an experience too-in flip flops it was quite precarious!!
We had a few drinks and no-body really felt like sleeping so everyone got a bit silly-some of the boys (no names mentioned...but you can imagine) got told off for playing with the fire extinguisher..but its quite amusing to think back to the state they were all in the following morning!!!


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



Tot: 0.098s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 9; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0398s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb