Saigon


Advertisement
Vietnam's flag
Asia » Vietnam » Southeast » Ho Chi Minh City
July 12th 2008
Published: July 12th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Saigon is the capital of the South. Its a really cool city and sort of feels more western than Hanoi. We only spent a couple of days here as we are excited about going to Cambodia. We went to a cool war museum which has loads of famous pictures of the war, it was really quite gruesome. Then today we went to cu chi tunnels which were used by the viet cong to fight the americans. They were really tiny and me and steve were the only wetern people not too fat to fit in!! You had to crawl on your hands and knees to get through and they only had 100m open to the public. These were enlarged from 40cm to 60cm high and are virtually pitch dark, its quite scary!! We saw booby traps they used too which thankfuuly were removed from the tunnel! Also steve got to fire 5 bullets from an AK47, no one got hurt (miracle!). I didnt fire the gun because i was scared it would recoil and i would have a big bruise, or worse shoot myself!! Anyway, I think Steve enjoyed holding a gun!

Tommorw we are leaving Vietnam to go to Cambodia so GOODBYE VIETNAM!

sorry it had to be done!!


Additional photos below
Photos: 21, Displayed: 21


Advertisement

Booby trapBooby trap
Booby trap

No you take your foot off the spike? Well my foots not on the spike Alan!


Tot: 0.093s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 11; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0603s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb