land of cleavages


Advertisement
Vietnam's flag
Asia » Vietnam » Southeast » Ho Chi Minh City
July 18th 2007
Published: September 14th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Saigon (Ho Chin Minh City) - every man's paradise literally, most of the vietnamese girls wear really low cut shirts. it's my fav. city too because of the bustling night life. we stayed at pham ngu lao district (cant rem how to spell) and it's reallyyy charming in a way. love the small streets and small cafes here and there. but i hate vietnam's traffic. not because it's un-orderly, but it's too irritating and noisy (it would be a miracle if u can avoid hearing horns for 10 seconds). but at the end of the trip, we both have been masters in jaywalking. capitol guesthouse was the boyfriend's fav. because of the old granny and the homey room. the family was really nice and even though we do not know what the granny was rambling, she just went on and on, and you just had to guess what she was pointing and saying by catching distinctive words from her ramblings.

after visiting the war museum, we went to catch Die Hard 4 at diamond plaza and were really impressed with the cinema. just like the ones you'll get here in spore. but maybe because it's like the rich people district. i couldn't take any pics of the notre-dame because of the damn camera, but it's pretty and ideal for weddings. we love the night market there, lots of food and shopping to do. the girls in the market were oozing all around men, literally grabbing, touching and holding them to buy their stuffs. downtown saigon is just like orchard, except they have some nicer buildings and gorgeous, hip hotels. and in the middle of the junction, you can actually watch the traffic and nightlights at a park, with children and adults playing soccer, badminton etc etc. oh, another popular sport there is couples hiding behind a bike and courting each other. we wanted to do that too, just that there's no bike for us.

and a must try in vietnam -is their coffee. you'll never taste anything like it here. i have been de-caffinated for the past 2 years but couldn't resist it here. that shows how good they are. Aromatic coffee, the locals like to drink the black one, but we prefer the one with condense milk. Don't be surprise by the coffee/condensed milk ratio, because its like 3 to 2, thus their milk coffee taste so sweet
die hard 4.0 die hard 4.0 die hard 4.0

not that bad
and strong. Saigon is really big with many districts, you can get quite confused there. but we love the district we're in so not much prob. one tip while travelling from a city to the next, try to travel at night so you can save a night's acc and also because you'll feel like it's faster with the nights out. but it can get really scary because of those high speeds that the bus is driving when the roads are narrow and dark and many other bigger bus are zooming passed you. you just got to get used to that. 😉

Foodwise rem to try local delights such as phobo (beef noodle soup), which was really good. Seafood at the nightmarket was excellent and cheap. The bf was really good at bargaining that those girls cant really do anything about it, well i guess i just need to point out the stuffs that i wanted to buy and the bf will be ready to cross swords with those girls anytime. Lucky me, unlucky them.


Additional photos below
Photos: 13, Displayed: 13


Advertisement



Tot: 0.046s; Tpl: 0.018s; cc: 8; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0192s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb