Dam Sen Water park


Advertisement
Vietnam's flag
Asia » Vietnam » Southeast » Ho Chi Minh City
January 22nd 2007
Published: February 2nd 2007
Edit Blog Post

Water park day! Took the local bus to the Dam Sen water park. We were told that Saigon water park is closed for unknown reasons. Entry to Dam Sen was 70 000 d (about $4.30 each) and they let Ty and Reegan in free. Great water park with crazy slides, river float, kids park with their own water slides, wave pool and slides I am too chicken to go down. Tourist check-in area is on the 3rd level with free lockers and security, sunbathe area, washroom and shower area. The park is large with quite a few slides and was almost deserted this monday morning. We didn't have to wait to go down any of the slides. I went down the water tobagan one with Kyle and it scared the living daylights out of me - still fun though. Apparently Monday is quiet with weekends being much busier. Ty and Reegan loved the wave pool but Reegan got sunburned arms despite the 45 spf sunscreen. the other people there were mainly tourists in their 20's and 30's and I guess mostly Asians with some germans, Aussies and others. This is a great place to spend a hot day in Saigon. We then went back to our home area to have Pho Bo atCcafe Bich. A yummy beef noodle soup served with vegetables and fresh herbs - mint, something like Basil and a herb that tastes fishy (I don't like it) that you add yourself - price 16 000 d = $1.

At the hotel one of the girls took Reegan to a store (2 x's) and bought pastries for him and his brothers. I think Ty was a little jealous that he didn't get to go.

Cheers

Advertisement



Tot: 0.179s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 8; qc: 56; dbt: 0.0787s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb