Ho Chi Minh City


Advertisement
Vietnam's flag
Asia » Vietnam » Southeast » Ho Chi Minh City
January 15th 2007
Published: January 19th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Sunday was a whole day of coach travel! A return from Kampot to Phnom Penh 7am - 12midday, and then a further coach to Vietnam's capital, Ho Chi Minh City (13.00 - 20.00). We checked into Madame Cuc's hotel No 127. We took a twin room with en-suite, t.v and air-con for $16 a night, after the journey we needed the comforts! H collapsed into bed straight away and I was starved so went over the road to reception where I was given 6 mini spring rolls and a chicken super noodles type soup (included in the room price, as was breakfast). Both went down extremely well after only eating a packet of crisps all day!!I hit the sack soon after that.

Monday we checked out the main sights in HCMC: the Notre Dam Cathedral; Post Office (rather impressive building); Reunification Palace (where we had an English speaking guide, it's nice to look around places, but nicer if you can get some background to it), War Museum, oh, and an indoor market! lol! We had a lovely dinner of a huge bbq'd catfish at a stall on the outside of the market, scrummy! We walked back to the hotel and booked our open tour coach ticket which stops at Da Lat, Nah Trang, Hoi An and Hue, for $15. We can get off and on the coach as we like, we just have to pre book our seats the evening before we want them. We decided to book in for the coach to Da Lat Tuesday morning.




Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement

Office in the bunker of the PalaceOffice in the bunker of the Palace
Office in the bunker of the Palace

Glad we don't use these at work!
President's CarPresident's Car
President's Car

Mine! Mine!


Tot: 0.078s; Tpl: 0.018s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0413s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb