The Storm before the Calm


Advertisement
Vietnam's flag
Asia » Vietnam » Southeast » Ho Chi Minh City » District 1
November 28th 2014
Published: November 28th 2014
Edit Blog Post

imageimageimage

Some type of tail meat for sale in the market, I am guessing it's not kangaroo!
Well we are nearly ready to roll in the morning. The house is clean, the house sitters have been briefed, I have overseen the packing of 5 bags so lets hope nothing has been forgotten. Or at least, the things we have forgotten wont matter too much.

The house is in a mad rush, we have planned a Birthday/Farewell/Work Xmas Dinner for Harry tonight as the family want to celebrate and see us off.

Tom has come home from school and forgotten to return his trombone.... he also insists he has head lice.....

He DOES NOT have head lice.

But I have put the foam on him anyway to appease him. And because i might have to sit next to him on the plane.


Additional photos below
Photos: 38, Displayed: 22


Advertisement

imageimage
image

Shopping for fresh meat in the market, very hands on!
imageimage
image

Fresh fish
imageimage
image

Not sure if it is cuttle fish or maybe squid?
imageimage
image

Brains anyone?
imageimage
image

Various delights including very neat looking intestines. Yum!
imageimage
image

Intestines and piggy bits
imageimage
image

All the vegetables in the market peeled and beautifully presented. So clean and tidy for an outdoor market.
imageimage
image

Presented perfectly for a food shoot, all ready to go.
imageimage
image

Meat ready to buy, all kept cool with ice.
imageimage
image

Piles and piles of fresh crab meat, just peeled and fresh in that morning. All sorted into types.
imageimage
image

Crab leg meat
imageimage
image

Paul bought 100gms of the body meat on the right, he paid $100,000 dong which is about $5.50
imageimage
image

Do we eat the crab meat? Will we get sick? Do we let the kids eat it? Dad tests it first, yep all good, dig in fellas!
imageimage
image

Nothing like a bag of fresh sweet crab meat that you didn't have to peel yourself!
imageimage
image

Omg! Dad you would go crazy for this crab!


1st December 2014

Fantastic
I am in heaven looking at these photos, well done Megan, great shots of the food. How is all the offal, amazing! Even I am a bit grossed out! Try any of it other than the crab?
2nd December 2014

Hi Kristin, yes the markets were amazing, didn't try anything else other than the crab and some cold rolls and spring rolls but we are getting braver everyday!

Tot: 0.079s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 6; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0453s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb