We're here!


Advertisement
Vietnam's flag
Asia » Vietnam » Southeast » Ho Chi Minh City » District 1
November 13th 2012
Published: November 15th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Well we have arrived safe and sound 😊 .. after a long long journey, and very nearly missing our connecting flight from Istanbul to Ho CHi Minh. We were too busy playing rummy then all of a sudden realised we hadnt even checked what time we were supposed to board the plane! Rushed over to have a look at the screen and in BIG red capitals was flashing 'LAST CALL' =O so we had to run all the way to the other side of the airport to the right gate and got on when every single other passenger was sitting comoftably in their seats! phew!

Anyway we got a cab from the airport and the whole way to the hostle I was laughing as I was so shocked at how mad the streets are. Thousands of mopeds everywhere! Anyway we showered etc, went out for our first meal and omg the streets here are CRAZY! Familys of four all fitting onto one little moped and guys carrying massive trees on the back. Its so humid and busy and the streets are tiny and full of people, Julia you said it would be a culture shock and you were correct haha. Had a beer and now were just checking out the exchange rates because we were getting a bit confused.

Going to head out for a few more drinks soon and see where the first night takes us!!

I'll add some photos to the next blog I do so you can see what I'm talking about 😊

xxx


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.105s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 6; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0544s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb