Exploring Saigon


Advertisement
Vietnam's flag
Asia » Vietnam » Southeast » Ho Chi Minh City » District 1
February 7th 2012
Published: March 4th 2012
Edit Blog Post

This content requires Flash
To view this content, JavaScript must be enabled, and you need the latest version of the Adobe Flash Player.
Download the free Flash Player now!
[youtube=sKK4ZRFceQw]
Washing on the sidewalk of Saigon - The Scrubba Wash BagWashing on the sidewalk of Saigon - The Scrubba Wash BagWashing on the sidewalk of Saigon - The Scrubba Wash Bag

We received some interesting looks from the locals, but within minutes we managed to wash and rinse our clothes on a busy sidewalk in Saigon using the Scrubba wash bag.
We awoke to find the clothes we washed the night before were dry (towel drying the clothes combined with some light air-conditioning worked wonders).

After a relaxing breakfast we embarked on a self-guided walking tour of Saigon (Ho Chi Minh), including a very confronting war museum, a relaxing inner city pagoda, street markets and about 12km of walking between. The amount of walking, the heat and the pollution from millions of scooters would give the Scrubba wash bag a run for it's money later in the day.

While walking back to our hostel we got to discussing what limitations there were on where and when you can wash your clothes with the Scrubba wash bag. After a suggestion that there was no limitations provided you had at least a couple of liters of water, we found ourselves washing our clothes on the footpath of one of the city's busiest roads during peak hour. Much to the curiosity of the locals, and after brief moment where we though we were in trouble with the authorities, our clothes were washed and ready to be hung up. Check out the attached footage or head to youtube: http://goo.gl/E8hLc.

With half our clothes drying, we donned our remaining outfit and headed out to experience the city's cuisine, local brews, cocktails and shish-a. On our return to the hostel, the Scrubba wash bag passed our lack of sobriety test, further demonstrating how easy it is to use.


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



Tot: 0.047s; Tpl: 0.016s; cc: 8; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0221s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb