More exploits in Thu Dau Mot


Advertisement
Vietnam's flag
Asia » Vietnam » Southeast » Binh Duong » Thu Dau Mot
November 27th 2011
Published: December 12th 2011
Edit Blog Post

We recently spent a lazy Sunday in Thu Dau Mot. It was a beautiful day and we decided to take the small ferry across the River Saigon to see what was on the other side.

The answer was, honestly, not a lot! It was nice though and sharing the rickety wooden raft with half a dozen or so bikes was an experience. It only cost a few pence to travel over so it wasn't a problem. On the other side we saw a small artisan factory making new religious statues. There was a wedding but we were not invited in! We also saw some wriggling insects outside a shop which are, presumably, a snack for the more adventurous eater!!

Back on the busier side of the river it was nice to see the local youngsters fishing on the river. We also had a brief wander through the market and saw some more sights which would fascinate some and repulse others!!!

Ok, so it wasn't the most exciting day out but Russ did get his shoes repaired and we found a fantastic rice restaurant which we will go back to next time we're in the area.


Additional photos below
Photos: 13, Displayed: 13


Advertisement

Yum yum!Yum yum!
Yum yum!

But what are these delightful snacks?


Tot: 0.046s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 8; qc: 24; dbt: 0.026s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb