Hoi an robbed, laughed and met amazing people


Advertisement
Vietnam's flag
Asia » Vietnam » South Central Coast
December 14th 2015
Published: December 15th 2015
Edit Blog Post

Hoi an - robbed, laughed, met amazing people
We arrived from Mui Ne to Hoi an by sleeper train, (13hours) where we were in a cabin with 6 people, 2 locals that were already in bed when we arrived. Taking the top bunk Which meant you could not sit up we got the giggles and were screamed at by the woman on the bottom bed(which only made it worse). Arriving in Hoi an after a rather uncomfortable nights sleep, people opening and closing our cabin doors, people leaving and getting new guests, we didn't know what to expect. One of the girls Lisa said she had a recommended hostel here all the backpackers went, sunshine so booked accommodation the previous day . Upon arriving it seemed quiet and the weather a little cold.The hostel was a hotel and not a person in sight. After arriving Lisa confessed she thought it was sunflower and not sunset . Keeping positive we booked in, rooms were deluxe with mini bar and a bath (we were happy). We left to get some food at the restaurant and after receiving this we decided never to eat there again.Staff were friendly and gave us a map of the town, we had been advised by other travellers that the tiger bar was the place to go in the evening. After walking around aimlessly looking for bread and cheese, unsuccessfully. Back to the restaurant for chips on toast ( you ask for bread they give you toast and vice versa) We head to our rooms to have the nicest clean ever in a bath with boiling water, and head to the nightlife. Arriving at tiger at tiger we were greeted by like minded travellers and drank, danced and met lots of amazing people (not to forget the laughing gas - sorry dad but I'm still here to tell the tale)After free drinks and an amazing night the only way to travel back is on a moped with a local, can be scary at times but we all look after each other.After waking in the morning yo learn we had all been pick pocketed and my phone had also been taken, we laughed it off put it down to experiences and learnt from it.We wanted to make the most of our 2 days so took advantage of the free bikes and drive around the old town (which on leaving we realised it was the ancient town and was actual ruins) and to the beach (where the monsoon had ruined one of there beaches and meant it was all sand bagged and you couldn't go on the water). Met a lovely Vietnamese woman (Misa)who sat with us for an hour telling her story of her life how she learnt english just by talking to tourists, and how they leave school at 11 as no high school locally and they have to pay. So most people sell on the streets with only 30% commission and the women work day and night. We obviously all bought something from her. Not deterred by our experience the night prior we head off to meet people from the night prior at tiger bar. No phones and small amounts of money strapped to our bodies, after confronting the staff we were told to be careful ( we feel there in on it too).Back home safe and sound to head off to the airport to Honai. Our group of friends that we are travelling are like minded and when found in difficult situations we choose to laugh it off and write or talk about it to help others and to put it all down to experience. But we do seem to be having more of these experiences than most ?

Advertisement



Tot: 0.147s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 10; qc: 47; dbt: 0.0436s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb