Ooo.. Suits You Sir...


Advertisement
Vietnam's flag
Asia » Vietnam » South Central Coast » Quảng Nam » Hoi An
September 14th 2006
Published: September 26th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Thursday 14th September 2006

After a late start we headed to the beach. An exciting event after not going for several months! We hired bicycles and rode the easy 5kms to Cua Dai beach. Riding along the road, it had the unmistakable feel to it that it had to lead to the beach if you know what I mean? Anyway, after a while we reached the official ‘bike park’ for the beach, grabbed some water and laid out on the beach for a couple of hours until the cloud got a bit too thick, we heading back to town with the intention to go for one of our favourite ‘four o’clock beers’ but instead we found ourselves entering one of Hoi Ans’ tailor shops and not surfacing until 3 hours later and after we’d been measured up for a suit each…


Friday 15th September 2006

With such an enjoyable day yesterday, we pretty much repeated ourselves today. First off we went to get 1st fittings for our new clothes and on the basis of that ordered more, in addition to the suit we each ordered yesterday, I (Sam) ordered a coat, 3 shirts and a dress and Martin ordered 1 shirt and another suit.

We then caught a moped taxi to the beach early afternoon. After a couple of hours again the afternoon cloud started to creep over so we decided to go for the 4 o’clock beers that we’d planned on yesterday.

Back in Hoi An, Old Town, we went to a great little café along the river and ordered a couple of the 3000 Dong beers, which cheapest yet in a licensed establishment, equated to around 10 pence each!!!


Saturday 16th September 2006
After a couple of minor adjustments at our new favourite hang out, the tailor shop, we headed to a local 4 star hotel where we paid for the day use of their pool and pool side facilities. It was nice to sample a bit of the highlife, with the comfortable sunloungers and a nice break from the sand and “buy something” hawkers of the beach.




Advertisement



Tot: 0.074s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0352s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb