Pretty town with the best Bahn, it has to be Hoi-An


Advertisement
Vietnam's flag
Asia » Vietnam » South Central Coast » Quảng Nam » Hoi An
November 25th 2015
Published: November 28th 2015
Edit Blog Post

So, we stayed about out of town as we are cheapskates and knew we could rent bikes from our guesthouse for a dollar 😊 Happy days! The owner was super smiley, always saying yeah and walked to the shop to get us cold beer (Song-Thanh homestay). In the evening, we walked into the centre and walked along the river front (offered many a river boat ride!) One of the first things you notice about Hoi-An is the lovely smell of incense burning (token to the dead), the second is the beautiful silk lanterns and the third is the sheer amount of tailor shops which to made to measure clothing. Speaking of tailors we were approached by this super fake woman wanting us to get tailored suits (they start for $40 dollars but we are more into grabbing bargains at the market!), she followed us around for a good 15 minutes and eventually we were let go! Hoi-An is a very pretty place but like all Vietnam cities the moped is king so it can be a bit treacherous as a pedestrian! The next morning we rented bikes and set out for the centre to get some food in our bellies. We went to Banh mi Phong for rolls and they lived up to our high expectations after reading about them on other blogs 😊 So many flavours,yum yum 😊 We biked out to Cua-Dai beach and got a couple of loungers for 50,000 dong 😊 We sunbathed a while and went swimming in the sea which had crazy waves. We walked along the white sands and I bought trinkets off a Vietnamese lady after some hard bargaining! We hit up the stalls in the evening for a spot of shopping, i got some funky shorts for 60,000 dong after bargaining, then seen them off the beaten track later for 20,000! That was my excuse to stock up on more 😊 You save a lot of money on shopping of you cross the Japanese bridge and shop on the other side (only pay if you want to go into the temple in the middle!) Our last day came all too soon, we got breakfast in Banh My Phong of course and soaked up the atmosphere of the old town. We took a shuttle bus with Go Travel Vietnam to Danang airport, was 110,000 dong so less than half the price of a taxi 😊 We then caught a flight to the capital of the south, Ho Chi Minh City (formerly Saigon)

Tell you more about that later

#spudstobananapancakes xoxo


Additional photos below
Photos: 14, Displayed: 14


Advertisement



Tot: 0.11s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0569s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb