LIFESTART FOUNDATION 2011 ANNUAL FUNDRAISER - CHRISTMAS IN JULY


Advertisement
Vietnam's flag
Asia » Vietnam » South Central Coast » Quảng Nam » Hoi An
August 15th 2011
Published: October 17th 2011
Edit Blog Post

The Annual Lifestart Foundation Christmas In July Charity Dinner and Silent Auction was held on Saturday 30th of July in Melbourne, Australia.

A huge thank you to all who attended and supported this event. Thank you also to those who organised a table or two of guests and to those of you who donated wonderful items for our Silent Auction. We had close to 100 items in the Silent Auction which made for a terrific range of goodies on offer. A big thank you to Loren Ward for her co ordination of the Silent Auction.

A great night was had by all who attended. Santa ( aka Rod Brown ) greeted guests as they arrived. Damian Nicholas was our M.C for the evening ensuring that the evening ran smoothly.
Our $20 game of Heads or Tails saw the lucky winner go home with $1,000 cash and the rest of us having a fun time playing the game.
The 59" Flat Screen TV Raffle was a huge hit with the winner going home with a fabulous 3D TV.

Nghiem Le, a well loved Vietnamese vocalist entertained us all at the beginning of the evening and our regular band Minute By Minute featuring
FLOOR SHOW - RIOFLOOR SHOW - RIOFLOOR SHOW - RIO

The girls from Rio dancing with the guests.
Michelle Drew kept our toes tapping throughout the night.

One of the highlights was the Floor Show by Rio, who thoroughly entertained everyone.

We also had a wonderful array of products to sell from the Lifestart Foundation Workshop .

This was our best year to date in terms of fundraising. I am extremely happy to announce that we raised
$25,474 AUD after expenses on the night! This figure is the result of a lot of hard work and good will by many people. Thank you to you all who helped to make the night a success. It really is a team effort and your help is sincerely appreciated.
This money will fund the Lifestart Foundation Free School for another year and will be a major help to all of the Lifestart project work in the forthcoming year.

A big thank you to all who helped in the setting up of the venue on the Friday the 29th and to all of the volunteers who helped during the evening.

I hope that you will all support this event again in 2012 and help Lifestart Foundation reach it's 2012 target of $26,000+. Book Saturday 28th of July 2012 into your diaries now!
THE WINNER OF THE $20 GAMETHE WINNER OF THE $20 GAMETHE WINNER OF THE $20 GAME

A terrific prize of $1,000 cash!

We were fortunate to have Celenii Event Services donate their time to video the evening for us. A big thank you to Linh Chau from Celenii for her time and work on this video which is available on the following link. http://vimeo.com/28117656

If you haven't been to our Annual Fundraiser as yet then I hope that you will consider joining us in 2012.

Lots of Love from Karen
www.lifestartfoundation.org.au

You can also purchase items from the Lifestart Foundation Workshop on our online store which now has many of our products available including those which would be perfect as Christmas presents!

Enjoying the blogs?? Forward them on or subscribe those who you think would be interested in Lifestart Foundations work.......its free!

Visit us at:
LIFESTART FOUNDATION WORKSHOP

77 Phan Chu Trinh Street,
HOI AN
VIETNAM



Additional photos below
Photos: 20, Displayed: 20


Advertisement

GUEST VOCALIST - NGHIEM LEGUEST VOCALIST - NGHIEM LE
GUEST VOCALIST - NGHIEM LE

Nghiem Le kindly volunteered her services and entertained guests at the start of the evening.
CONGA LINECONGA LINE
CONGA LINE

Who would have thought? The Rio girls managed to get everyone up to join in a fun Conga Line.
SILENT AUCTIONSILENT AUCTION
SILENT AUCTION

Our wonderful Silent Auction Display. Thank you to all donors for all of the fantastic donations. A special thank you to Loren Ward for organizing the Silent Auction.
LONGLIFE NATURAL BODY PRODUCTS LONGLIFE NATURAL BODY PRODUCTS
LONGLIFE NATURAL BODY PRODUCTS

This exciting new project aims to help Lifestart Foundation become self sufficient. More about this in future blogs...
LIFESTART FOUNDATION WORKSHOP STALLLIFESTART FOUNDATION WORKSHOP STALL
LIFESTART FOUNDATION WORKSHOP STALL

Have a look at the full range of products made at the Lifestart Foundation Workshop at our online store.
LIFESTART FOUNDATION WORKSHOP STALLLIFESTART FOUNDATION WORKSHOP STALL
LIFESTART FOUNDATION WORKSHOP STALL

Vases made from Chopsticks and Vietnamese Silk Cushion covers made by the makers at the Lifestart Foundation Workshop. All products are available to purchase at our online store.
LIFESTART FOUNDATION WORKSHOP STALLLIFESTART FOUNDATION WORKSHOP STALL
LIFESTART FOUNDATION WORKSHOP STALL

Buddha Coin Bookmarks, Vietnamese Silk Hair Accessories and Coasters made from recycled paper. All available online. Order your Christmas presents now!
WORKSHOP PRODUCTS FOR SALEWORKSHOP PRODUCTS FOR SALE
WORKSHOP PRODUCTS FOR SALE

Beautiful scarves from the Lifestart Foundation Workshop were for sale.
LIFESTART FOUNDATION WORKSHOP STALLLIFESTART FOUNDATION WORKSHOP STALL
LIFESTART FOUNDATION WORKSHOP STALL

Marelyn pictured beside the fabulous 59" TV she won in the raffle.
VINH DAO VINH DAO
VINH DAO

Vinh Dao being interviewed by Linh Chau
SILENT AUCTION CO ORDINATORSILENT AUCTION CO ORDINATOR
SILENT AUCTION CO ORDINATOR

Loren Ward pictured setting up on the Friday before the Dinner Dance. Loren does an excellent job of organizing an amazing array of auction items.
CHRISTMAS TREES & SANTA HATSCHRISTMAS TREES & SANTA HATS
CHRISTMAS TREES & SANTA HATS

Michelle pictured on the Friday before the Dinner Dance setting up the Christmas Tree decorations for each table. On the Saturday night she swapped this job for a microphone and entertained us all as lead vocalist with Minute By Minute.
TABLE DECORATIONSTABLE DECORATIONS
TABLE DECORATIONS

Sue is pictured decorating the table center pieces on the Friday before the Dinner Dance. On the night of the Dinner Dance Sue looked after the Workshop stall and sales.
SILK LANTERNS FROM HOI ANSILK LANTERNS FROM HOI AN
SILK LANTERNS FROM HOI AN

Tania dropped in to help set up the Silk Vietnamese Lanterns that the workshop makers had made.


17th October 2011

Congratulations Karen and the team!
What a fantastic effort! It was heart-warming to read of the money raised from this event. If it wasn't for the fact that we live in Sydney we would have been there. Peace & Love, Michelle

Tot: 0.067s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 8; qc: 25; dbt: 0.0311s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb