Cham Island Vietnam


Advertisement
Vietnam's flag
Asia » Vietnam » South Central Coast » Quảng Nam » Hoi An
June 17th 2010
Published: June 17th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0

I think this is Cham Island...too small for the map to name.

View of the Beach-Cham IslandView of the Beach-Cham IslandView of the Beach-Cham Island

This was our view as we sat and ate lunch under the palm trees.
Down to our last two days in Hoi An. We took a boat tour yesterday of Cham Island with Blue Coral Diving Tours. There were only 7 people on the trip including us! Captain Steve (actually 4 of the guys on the boat were all named Steve) was great. The choice was to scuba or snorkel-we snorkeled. We hit two sites and the water had great visibility. All kinds of coral, trumpet fish, parrot fish, schools of fish that would swim around, blue starfish and two really big jellyfish. There were little clear jellyfish-we both got stung a few times but not bad enough to leave the water. Really fun! After the dives we went to Cham Island and had a BBQ on a white sand beach lined with palm trees. Fresh grilled fish, rice, noodles, water spinach, soup, and sea scallops. Our group was fun-we had an actor from LA, a lovely Canadian, a university student from Bermuda, and a mother and son from Texas. Our boat staff was from Australia, England, and Vietnam. The entire trip was 8 hours.

When we got back to the hotel to take showers we realized our huge mistake. Our backs and legs
Cham IslandCham IslandCham Island

On our way with Blue Coral Diving Tours to Cham Island.
were so sunburned-if fact, this is the worst sunburn I have ever had in my life. We were having so much fun snorkeling we completely lost track of time. We went to bed and tried not to move.

The next morning the staff here at the hotel saw us and fixed us straight away! Mai wrote down the name of a lotion and told Steven where to go to buy it. Binh sent someone to the pharmacy and gave us some kind of topical solution. Between the lotion, prescription, motrin, and beer we are back in action. Lesson learned.

Hoi An has become our midtown of Vietnam. When we walk down the streets we know so many people and even have private jokes with a few. We have only spent roughly 15-20 dollars a day on food-and it is all really good food. We have not had a bad meal yet. Not even a mediocre one!

But our clothes are finished, we are packing up, saying our goodbyes to a few people, and getting ready to move on to Hanoi early Saturday morning.











Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement

Cham Island-Blue Coral Diving ToursCham Island-Blue Coral Diving Tours
Cham Island-Blue Coral Diving Tours

Talking with a crew member from Blue Coral. He was from London-great guy.
Cham IslandCham Island
Cham Island

Does it get any prettier than this?!


Tot: 0.095s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 6; qc: 47; dbt: 0.0454s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb