Good Morning Vietnam!


Advertisement
Vietnam's flag
Asia » Vietnam » South Central Coast » Quảng Nam » Hoi An
February 28th 2010
Published: February 28th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Good Morning Vietnam!

After the chaos of Saigon it was off to the beach resort of Nha Trang to get in some rest & relaxation. The beaches here are beautiful and I was quite surprised with how well developed Nha Trang is. There is something for everyone here - great restaurants, beaches, shopping...and if bar's with private beaches and the longest cocktail list you could imagine are your thing, than Nha Trang is the place for you!

Though Chinese New Year was a week ago, the celebrations are still going strong which has caused a few increases in prices and a few sights, market places & restaurants have been closed down for the week...slightly bad timing on my part but then again there is a holiday here about every 10 days so it can't avoided.

We spent our days lapping up some sun at one of the private beaches, enjoying sunset cocktails, getting dirty at the mud baths and my favourite Vietnamese past time...coffee!


I am in love....! Hoi An is the most magically quaint little town I think I have ever been to. It's where east meets west and the town is full of little contridictions. Venue's that can rival the likes of Sydney city bars are in competition with holes in the wall that serve 20 cent beers and European renowned chefs have restaurants that are next door neighbours with street food stalls serving dishes that are of no real difference in taste or quality from their expensive friends.

We spent 3 glorious days here in Hoi An and I could have easily stayed longer. The UNESCO Heritage Listed Old Town, the country side and the beaches were all as beautiful as one another and Hoi An is the type of place where you can aimlessly ride your bicycle around all day just admiring the view and always finding a new little cobbled stone lane to walk down.

Here in Hoi An I took full advantage of the competitive prices that 200+ tailors have to offer and am so impressed with the quality of the items I had made...you'll all get to admire at some stage I'm sure! I tested my culinary skills in a cooking class, sampled the strong & the stronger Vietnamese coffee's and was invited to a beach bbq with some very generous locals.

Sending hugs to everyone!

xx


Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement



Tot: 0.139s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 11; qc: 60; dbt: 0.0781s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb