Camera Envy


Advertisement
Vietnam's flag
Asia » Vietnam » South Central Coast » Quảng Nam » Hoi An
July 17th 2008
Published: July 17th 2008
Edit Blog Post

StogieStogieStogie

If you look closely you will see old women in Vietnam smoking one of these.
Yes, what I wouldn't give for a better camera about now. There are too many photo opportunities and too little time to wait for my camera's delay. Yesterday we began the day with a Cyclo ride to the impressive Citadel in Hue. Later we checked out of the hotel to drive down the coast and ate a nice seafood lunch at Lang Co beach in a thunderstorm where the rain poured sideways. Beautiful and cooling. After lunch we continued over the Hai Van pass, past China Beach and Danang on our way to Hoi An. Seeing a bunker left over from the "American" war shrouded in snack and souvenir stands was surreal, to say the least. We are spending 3 days in Hoi An and tonight is a full moon, so they will extinguish all electricity and light the Old Quarter with lanterns. It is a great town to wander around, have some clothing or jewelry made to order and eat more delicious Vietnamese food. This morning we went to the market at 6 and then spent the day shopping, dropping off kilos of laundry, ordering custom made clothing and jewelry and generally strewing money around town. In that vein, we ate dinner at The Mango Rooms, Hoi An's most international restaurant. The meal was spectacular.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.103s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 10; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0462s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1.1mb