I think we all need...


Advertisement
Vietnam's flag
Asia » Vietnam » South Central Coast » Quảng Nam » Hoi An
July 21st 2007
Published: July 21st 2007
Edit Blog Post

....a shopping intervention. Family and friends please check in with the various traveler you are associated with and gently ask them how they are doing, what's been going on, and most importantly, what they have been buying. I thought the purse buying binge we went on in Hanoi was bad but this here in beautiful Hoi An is a new level. Hoi An is known for its streets that are lined with tailor shops who can literally court you ("Hello! You want to buy?"), measure you (they thankfully speak these numbers in Vietnamese) and hand you back a goreous dress, winter coat, or pair of pants (the list goes on) in about 12 hours later. Although we have reined ourselves in after a few days of furious shopping (seriously we have, well, sort of), you could safely say the 6 of us have certainly boosted the local economy here.

We having a wonderful time here though, shopping, taking in this great town, and have decided to stay here until the 25th instead of going down to Ho Chi Minh City (flights from Ho Chi Minh City to Bangkok were nearly $200 which would have blown just about everyone's budgets). Its a dangerous town to spend 6 days in (shopping wise, see previous paragraph) but we're working on renting bikes, and possibly snorkeling, visiting a pottery village or maybe going up to My Son soon. Its hard to believe the trip is nearly through but we'll be happy to see everyone (we'll be bring home a few extra bags...) when we return on the 26th.

Love to everyone!

Amy





Advertisement



23rd July 2007

can't wait for your return!
and the photos!! xoxo, gretchen

Tot: 0.106s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0538s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb