Hoi An.


Advertisement
Vietnam's flag
Asia » Vietnam » South Central Coast » Quảng Nam » Hoi An
December 3rd 2006
Published: December 16th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Train to Hoi An....Train to Hoi An....Train to Hoi An....

I seem to be wearing a bloke as a beard in this picture...
From Nha Trang we headed to Hoi An, a UNESCO World Cultural Heritage Site. Straight away you can spot the french architecture, in the buildings some of which are 200 years old. The town escaped damage from the American war and the French war before that. Checked out a few Taoist temples which I've noticed have become apparent as I've headed further north in Vietnam which is more influenced by the Chinese.
We also checked out the My Son Towers, classed as a World Heritage site. Not really sure what to make of this as I'm sure they were pretty spectacular before the Americans totalled the whole area as there was VC (Vietcong activity) during the American war. Still a fair bit to see but I spent periods of holidays looking around derelict castles in the UK and this is pretty similar. Only spent one full day here as I'm running out of time so from here we're heading to Hue as there's a few things I need to see such as the Citadel and the DMZ zone.


Additional photos below
Photos: 12, Displayed: 12


Advertisement

Japanese Covered BridgeJapanese Covered Bridge
Japanese Covered Bridge

This Bridge (and its previous constructions) has been in place since the 16th Century.
If you think it looks like something rude...If you think it looks like something rude...
If you think it looks like something rude...

You'd be right! It is actually what you think it is!!! Its a sign of Masulinity.
It Started Raining, when it rains it pours...It Started Raining, when it rains it pours...
It Started Raining, when it rains it pours...

and what better thing to protect you than a giant condom!!!


Tot: 0.097s; Tpl: 0.018s; cc: 11; qc: 64; dbt: 0.0643s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1.1mb