Temples and fire dancing.


Advertisement
Vietnam's flag
Asia » Vietnam » South Central Coast » Khanh Hoa » Nha Trang
November 12th 2016
Published: November 13th 2016
Edit Blog Post

The sixth day was all about the nighttime adventures. We got up and had breakfast in the hotel - I was given sweet and sour spicy spaghetti with green beans, interesting but definitely spicy enough to wake me up! We then took our bags downstairs and checked out. Despite not being the easiest of guests the staff were helpful and kind and allowed us to leave our bags there until we could check in to the next place.

We hopped in a taxi to go and see Po Nagar Cham temples, the humidity was through the roof and I found myself glad I had a hat with me to use as a fan. The temples were very beautiful, the stonework was lovely and I loved the statues dotted everywhere amongst the foliage. We didn't spend long there as the heat made it tricky but it was well worth a look and so close to our hotel that we couldn't not go. I would like to see another temple a bit more out of the way to get a better sense of the peace with less tourists everywhere.

The rest of the afternoon was spent wandering the shops and restaurants,
Fire dancingFire dancingFire dancing

This was so beautiful to watch, they were such skilful dancers.
a quick trip to the rooftop pool and bar (and of course some cocktails) then we got ready to head to a party held by the sailing club on the beach.

This was definitely the highlight of the day, it was a beautiful spot with bamboo everywhere and open walls leading straight from the bar on to the beach. We were pointed to two seats at the bar, the woman said it would be a good place to sit and she was very right! The bar staff were great, dancing and drinking all night it was hilarious. They free pour drinks and gave us free shots, also made great cocktails. Alice ended up throwing ice cubes at the manager and all the staff got involved, it was the most laid back night out I've had since before I went to live in Australia.

We went to the beach to watch the fire dancers, there were three of them with fire poi and it was amazing! One guy even managed to do three at once and the woman came out with sparkler poi's which was an unreal sight. They then came inside the bar, not something that would be allowed back home! There were also three men juggling bottles on fire, I've never seen anything like it, it was a wonderfully fast paced evening full of entertainment and laughter. We stayed out until the place closed then came home and I attempted to make a cup a soup in a teacup.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.11s; Tpl: 0.015s; cc: 8; qc: 47; dbt: 0.0542s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb