Nha Trang and Hoi An


Advertisement
Vietnam's flag
Asia » Vietnam » South Central Coast » Khanh Hoa » Nha Trang
May 19th 2012
Published: May 19th 2012
Edit Blog Post

The trip from Dalat to Nha Trang was very easy. It took 4 hours and it was very pretty meandering through the mountains watching the waterfalls come down and under the road. After arriving in Nha Trang we found a hotel on the beach and went out exploring the sea front and the shops, we found a night market with lots of nice places to eat and it was only 25,000 Dong for a cocktail which is about 70p! After two nights in the hotel we got a note under our door saying that we needed to keep an eye on our things as someone had had money stolen from there room, the cleaners tried to go around and collect all these notes so that the guests couldnt see! After we had a look through our things we noticed that some of our money and a my ring had gone missing so we decided to move hotels the following morning. We moved to the hotel that some friends we had met were staying in and got a nice room. Most of the time that we we're in Nha Trang was spent on the beach, I have ended up looking a bit like a lobster despite covering myself in sun tan lotion every 20 minutes. We went out for dinner in a big group every night and we had an amzing curry night and a great pork clay pot. There was a club/ bar called "why not?" bar that we ended up in a few nights being the only ones on the dance floor and playing drinking games that make you look like a complete tit! We always made sure that none of us went home alone as apparently its a common thing for the locals to beat up Brits for no particular reason. How very lovely. Some night s we just got a takeaway and booze and sat in our room watching films.

We got on a night bus to Hoi An- the main place for buying suits. It was a 12 hour bus journey and the beds were very small. I had Kirsty on one side of me and a chinese girl to the other. I tried to introduce myself but she just looked scared and faced the other way for the rest of the trip. The bed didnt have too much to hold me up, being in the middle of the top bunk, if the bus had braked hard I would have fallen on some poor guy! There are A LOT of suit shops in Hoi AN and its impossible to walk anywhere without the "excuse me miss, you buy something" and the occassional shouting at you down the street when you say no! We are moving to Hue afterwards, its only a short trip away and apparently is very Beautiful and Spiritual, so, we shall see.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.12s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 13; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0454s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb