Every hour is happy hour in Nha Trang....


Advertisement
Vietnam's flag
Asia » Vietnam » South Central Coast » Khanh Hoa » Nha Trang
May 9th 2011
Published: May 9th 2011
Edit Blog Post

This content requires Flash
To view this content, JavaScript must be enabled, and you need the latest version of the Adobe Flash Player.
Download the free Flash Player now!
....whether it be the woman selling fruit, the man selling sunglasses or the endless bars and restaurants. Only the bars offer free mojitos with every drink though and they were much appreciated!

So Nha Trang....our first beach destination on our journey up the coast of Vietnam. We had heard and seen that it was rather built up but with a 6km long beach we figured we'd surely be able to find a spot to sit. Arriving at 6am after an interesting and snazzy overnight bus journey we were pleased to see the beach abound with locals going for their morning swim and by mid morning the beach was rather deserted - the lack of constant "manicure lady? bracelet lady?" was greatly appreciated!

Still dying of heat we decided to head to the Ice Bar where the temperature was a nice chilly -9 degrees. We'd forgotten what it was like to be cold! Once we'd suitably cooled down we opened the effectively freezer door and we were hit with the wave of the standard 35 degree heat again! Oh well, the cold was good whilst it lasted!

Heading home we ended up being called into a bar and challenged to a game of pool. Unfortunately we never had the chance to show off our skills as there was a powercut, typical!Instead we opted for somewhere with light (always helpful!) and music (even better!) so we could have a good old boogie!

After all our boogeying we decided to go for a bit of a pampering sesh at the Thap Ba Hot Springs. Starting with a cleansing mineral water shower you then sit in a tub full of green mud! Very bizarre as you float straight to the top. After drying out and rinsing you stand in front of the powerful hydrotherapy jets before sitting in a hot tub of this special water. A really exciting place full of local families and tourists alike.

On our final day we experienced just how small the world really is by bumping into one of the guys we had been rafting with back in Nepal! Unfortunately heading the opposite way to us but still such a coincidence to run into a familiar face in a different country.


Additional photos below
Photos: 13, Displayed: 13


Advertisement



Tot: 0.099s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 8; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0512s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb