Na Trang Vietnam


Advertisement
Vietnam's flag
Asia » Vietnam » South Central Coast » Khanh Hoa » Nha Trang
October 17th 2007
Published: June 23rd 2008
Edit Blog Post

Next stop was NaTrang.... Met up with Sara, Rob, Michelle, Joe and Chrissie and the Irish guys from Saigon so we all hung out but the weather was really bad… it's rainy season here at the moment and as you can't really do anything when its torrential rain....nothing was done.... so by and by all I have seen here is the Sailing club....bar! Great spot by the way……… and a few other sites… I didn’t even get to see the famous beach... If you looking for style... forget it.. from what I seen I couldnt find ONE decent shop...I was sick of wearing the same stuff so tried in vain to get a normal pair of jeans... all that was around is stuff your Nan would wear...

BUT I did get to see a real style mafia shoot out….

Story goes like this……We were all in the hotel lobby one day and heard this fracas outside so we went to investigate, some young fillet must have clipped this guys motorcycle because it was on the ground a little worse for wear, the guy that had his bike on the ground had his top off all macho and was freaking out at him beating him with a stick.. said fracas was moving closer to the hotel so we all went in & locked the doors till it passed up the street and went back out again.

Twas all very Soprano Style...the guy with his top off punched this geeky looking guy in the face and turns out Geeky looking guy had hand gun in his back pocket, pulls it out....flips back the clip ....just like they do in the movies...and stretches his arm in the air and pulls the trigger… then we ran........


……………..upstairs for a better look ………..out of harms way haha!!

We were running in and out of the hotel for cover for 45 minutes, it was fierce exciting to see it all unfold, then the police arrive and hauled all their asses off to the nik..... (Where they belonged) and just like that…. All the excitement was over….


Took an Over night bus to Hoi An....infamous for tailors so inevitably I got a suit and some other things made..... So my bag is now heavier than me!!!! Note to all you bloggers heading there....check out Yaly II.........


Hoi An..

Lovely little town.. although not that little really… Spent afew days here and randomly bumped into Renee an American girl I met along the way and hung out with her, there's some nice resturants here, great bars and a lively night life, we took a tour one day to Marble Mountain which was ok.. nothing too spectacular, another day took a tour to a mini Ankor Wat which was nice but Im templed out of it since Cambodia so unfortunately I wasn't as overwhelmed as I thought I would be.

That night we partied on in the town and I met Alex (UK) and Ingrid (Netherlands) (which later became my traveling buddies to Halong Bay and Hanoi. Was too hungover the next day to make the bus out of Hoi An so opted (without a choice) for the later one.. seems everyone else did aswell because I bumped into Alex & Ingrid heading North.









Advertisement



23rd June 2008

Vietnam adventures..
Hey sweets. I take it they are gradually recovering your lost blog entires? Well, thats a relief. Good to read someone elses adventures for a change. Hope you're well. Big hugs. xx

Tot: 0.057s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 8; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0328s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb