Highlight was the floating bar


Advertisement
Vietnam's flag
Asia » Vietnam » South Central Coast » Khanh Hoa » Nha Trang
May 4th 2008
Published: May 4th 2008
Edit Blog Post

The sleeper bus to Nha Trang was another great ride. We met a family with a little girl and she and I played backgammon for hours. Then we moved on to Connect 4 and finally I had to tell her it was time for bed. She sat in front of Alex and kept messing with him. It was quite amusing for me and her parents were thankful for some quiet time. Unfortunately as we were travelling Alex got the cold I had left behind in Hoi An, or perhaps something from the bus full of travellers.
We stayed in a backpacker area of Nha Trang which is full of about 40 places that are almost all the same. Alex went to sleep when we arrived but I walked around the town and beach until about 9:30 am when the extreme heat got to me. We ventured out together in the late afternoon and by then the wind was roaring and the waves rushing in. It turns out its hot and calm in the morning and windy and a bit cooler in the afternoon.
Nha Trang was a bit to "Spring Break" for us especially as we fought off colds. We set up a snokeling tour after asking at about 10 places. Of course they are all the same. Full of empy promises. We went in with low expectations so weren't as dissapointed as some others in the group. Much of the coral reef area has been dynamited and we were promised a clean area. In fact, we had to pay extra to go there. I saw maybe 10 fish. Mostly grey boring old rockfish. Just one pretty yellow fish. I had to keep coming up as my goggles filled with water every few minutes. The ride itself was fun and the highlight was the floating bar. Everyone jumped into the water with a small tube and we drank local wine with pineapple. The wine itself wasn't so good, but everyone had quite a bit to make up for the dissapointing snorkeling. We spent at least an hour in the water just floating around in the warm clear water.
We went out for drinks with some people from the boat but decided this town just wasn't for us. Joe and Jenna-our friends from Hanoi had been raving about Muine so we were off the next day.


Advertisement



Tot: 0.033s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 11; qc: 21; dbt: 0.0164s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb