a little R & R


Advertisement
Vietnam's flag
Asia » Vietnam » South Central Coast » Khanh Hoa » Nha Trang
March 29th 2008
Published: March 29th 2008
Edit Blog Post

We took a one hour flight north out of HCMC and landed at Cam Rahn Bay (an American Naval Base during the Vietnam War). Next came a 1/2 hour bus ride to a local restaurant for great food and a little karaoke (even Jake joined in on Dancing Queen). From there, we took a speed boat ride (very Fantasy Island-like 'the plane, the plane') to our resort.

This place is absolutely beautiful... a little slice of heaven on earth. Clear ocean, rocky shorelines, islands covered in mountains -- stunning. Pretty soon the world will be in on the secret -- the Miss Universe Pageant will take place here in August, and the city is working hard to prepare themselves for the influx of people. The attention is bringing tourist dollars into the area -- which has its pro's and con's. In general, we are enjoying the time (a mini vacation inside the larger trip) swimming, sand castle making, water-parking etc.


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



29th March 2008

What a beautiful place!
So thrilled to hear from you and be in on all you are doing! Love the "cute" little creature!
29th March 2008

So Interesting
Hi Tracy, Will and Helen I am thoroughly enjoying reading the blog - you are a great writer and story-teller Tracy! I can't wait to hear more in person when you get back. It's like a good book I can't put down. I hope you continue to have a great time with great experiences - awaiting the next entry, Jennifer P.S. I'm with Will - I'd have eyes wide open for the Pizza Hut. Ate at NorthStar last night and thought of you!
29th March 2008

Glad that you are enjoyin some R&R
After not hearing from you for a couple of days, we wondered what was going on and are glad to hear from you again. It sounds like everyone is doing well and enjoying themselves. We look forward to hearing first-hand about your adventures. Is Jake getting in any baseball practice?
29th March 2008

hey guys... its emily... wow! it looks like you guys are having fun...and that place (the beach) looks beautiful!:] hope all of you are having fun...:]
30th March 2008

beautiful!!!
WOW--what else can you say? I am sure that was a welome switch from the craziness of HCMC. How hot was it? Were there many other people there? Good luck this week-you know we are all thinking and praying for you. Keep up the good work!
30th March 2008

this is so great
Hi Zalenskis and family! We caught up on your adventures and you seem like you are doing great. We especially like how Jake and Will jumped right in there to play with the kids. Here are a few questions: What are your favorite dishes to eat so far?? How many people took care of the kids at the orphange and how old can the kids be before they have to leave?? Are you learning any of the language?? We look forward to the school dedication (you know...the school that Nathan insists that Carly owns) and we hope that you stay safe and sound until you reach good old Canton. We love you guys...
30th March 2008

emily-
hey! we are having fun! how is your break going??? miss you lots! can't wait to see you! love you, carly and abby
30th March 2008

hello Lizzy
hey Liz -- well let me just tell you ... hot is an understatement. The worst part is -- it is so misleading because of the ocean breeze. Needless to say -- many a child was sunburned this weekend. As far as the crowding -- it is not... at all. In fact the water park felt a bit Twilight Zonish -- at least there were no lines. the beaches had a handful of people... but overall a nice break. many strange frustrations as the resort seems to be figuring the whole tourist thing out -- but who can complain in that setting??? Miss you guys. T
1st April 2008

Thanks for sharing your trip with so many in US
Tracy,Will and Helen, Have read with interest and awe of your fascinating ,busy,and memorable trip. Yes ,Tracy you write just like you talk--much enthusiasm and very descriptive. Sue M and I have been following you all and certainly go from "ahhs" with the scenery to "I can't beleive these living and working conditions !" Truly we are so impressed with all that you as a unit have done and continue prayers for 4/1 to be a dedication beyond belief! Our prayers continue for safe journeys home.

Tot: 0.116s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 7; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0612s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb