Time for a break!


Advertisement
Vietnam's flag
Asia » Vietnam » South Central Coast » Khanh Hoa » Nha Trang
December 9th 2006
Published: December 12th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Well after 2 months straight of travelling we decided to settle down in Nha Trang for 6 days. It was some much needed rest and a good break from moving around every couple days. When we arrived in Nha Trang we found the perfect hotel that we would stay in for our time here. It is beautiful. It even has a TV and bathtub, two things that we rarely ever see.

We have a friend (Quinn) from Canada that owns a bar here in Nha Trang so he has taken good care of us so far. The first night we got here we went to his bar for some drinks and then he took us to a crazy Vietnamese nightclub. In the bars here you can buy bottles of liqour as well as buckets of liqour with mix. So we decided to buy a bottle of vodka and split it between 5 of us..wow what a night. Dave even some how lost his shoe during the night and had to go ask random people if they had his shoe. Only one shoe though. It was lots of fun during the night but the next day was definatly not...haha. During our hangover day we did not do much except lounge around and chill out. It was nice to have a day to do nothing. Every morning we usually wake up fairly early and do tours or activities or travel so it was nice to do nothing.

The next day we went to Quinns wifes parents house for an amazing traditional Vietnamese meal. It was an amazing experience to be in their home and have a home cooked meal rather than restaurant food. Her parents and grandmother that were there could not speak english so it was kind of awkward when they kept talking to us in vietnamese and we had no idea what they were saying..lol. We rented a motorbike and drove out to the countryside.The motorbike ride was also really fun. It was my first time driving one. It was really easy to catch on to just took a couple minutes of wobbling.

The following day we went on a boat trip to a few different islands around Nha Trang. The weather has not been the greatest for the last while becuase it is still rainy season and another typhoon is on its way. The boat trip was still a blast. We were all swimming and snorkelling around. Met alot of different people from all over the world. Had a delicious 6 course lunch and exotic fruits. We then had a floating bar with red wine and pineapple..which i got to be the bartender for! We did a bunch of singing karaoke and dancing around the boat and have some awesome video footage. It was an awesome day!

Our last day in Nha Trang we went to a really cool mineral hot spring and mud bath. There was a series of different things you had to do and in the end my skin felt soo amazing. We first sat in a big bath tub of mud, followed by sunbathing to harden the mud, hot mineral shower, swimming in a mineral pool and a hot tub. It was quite the experience. Doing that every week would defiantly keep your skin healthy. After the springs we just spent the day lounging around again because we had to catch an overnight bus that night. The overnight bus wasnt half as bad this time. It was a 12 hour ride but did not have too much of a problem sleeping. We
Our boat trip lunchOur boat trip lunchOur boat trip lunch

The boat trip was only 3$ and this huge lunch was included
are now in a city called Hoi An a shoppers dream come true! You can get a whole new wardrobe made for 100$ including shoes, purses and tons of outfits! Will update soon with more pics of Nha Trang and update on Hoi An....Take care everyone!


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement

The floating bar!The floating bar!
The floating bar!

Me the bartender serving red wine and pineapple!
Nha Trang BeachNha Trang Beach
Nha Trang Beach

the beach was destroyed when we arrived because of the typhoon..it was a big disappointment


18th December 2006

Looking great
Your blog is looking AWESOME. YOUR DOING A GREAT JOB OF TELLING THE STORY... not so sure I want to take a mud bath eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!!!!!!!!!!!
20th December 2006

Wow
Hey, sounds like your having a great time, thats awesome. Nice little bar setup you got going on, lol. Would love to see and hear more of your trip so keep this baby updated.

Tot: 0.077s; Tpl: 0.021s; cc: 11; qc: 27; dbt: 0.0417s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb