A Modern Rickshaw Ride – What a Hoot!!! – Nha Trang, Vietnam


Advertisement
Vietnam's flag
Asia » Vietnam » South Central Coast » Khanh Hoa » Nha Trang
January 28th 2024
Published: February 6th 2024
Edit Blog Post

Tour Day 111, Cruise Day 9 – Nha Trang, Vietnam – Tour Name: Nha Trang by Rickshaw & Shopping

Explore Nha Trang by rickshaw -- a fun and interesting way to get around in Vietnam. You will ride through Nha Trang's city center to view the fishing boats moored in the shallow harbor. The boats are brightly painted in blue and red.

At the Po Nagar Cham Towers, you will discover that these towers are evidence of the ancient Cham civilization and were built between the 7th and 12th centuries on a site used for Hindu worship. Today, both ethnic Chinese and Vietnamese Buddhists come to Po Nagar to pray and make offerings according to their beliefs.

Continue by coach to visit Long Son Pagoda, which was founded in the late 19th century and rebuilt several times. It is now home to less than ten monks. The entrance and roofs are decorated with mosaic dragons made of glass and ceramic tile. From the pagoda, if you are feeling particularly energetic, you will have the chance to climb the 208 stone steps leading to the giant white Buddha seated on a lotus blossom. There are superb views of the whole city from the platform around the Buddha, which was built in 1963.

Dam Market is a spot to do some local shopping. Spend some free time taking a leisurely walk on the beach before you return to the ship.

Notes:

You must remove your shoes before you enter the Cham towers.



NOTE: The caption below the picture of me in the rickshaw says, "Yes, That Is a Sling on Uncle Larry's Good Wing (Details to Come in the Hong Kong Blog)" Resize on Bill Gates new and WORSE photo editor doesn't do squat!


Additional photos below
Photos: 53, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.05s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 12; qc: 24; dbt: 0.027s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb