7 day get away


Advertisement
Vietnam's flag
Asia » Vietnam » South Central Coast » Da Nang
September 17th 2012
Published: September 17th 2012
Edit Blog Post

just got back from our 7 day getaway. we stayed 3 nights in Danang. we stayed at the Intercontinental, and all ii can say is this place is swank. it's a six-star beach resort. many consider it the best hotel/resort in southeast asia. this place is NICE. there are people just hanging around, just waiting for you to ask for something. i imagine this is where the rich and famous go. i dont think i can do five star hotels anymore after this. the room was huge. i think it's about the same size as my house. seriously. i think 10 cubicales at work could fit in the balcony alone. this place was beautiful. flowers everywhere. they gave us a bottle of wine, chocolates, and other gifts when we arrived, and they gave ryan a little latern when we left. get this, they have Hermes soap/shampoo, toiletries. yes, Hermes. the same brand that you would see next to Chanel, Fendi or Prada. my wife got away like a bandit. i think we have enough hermes products to last a year. i'm not a soap snob, but that stuff is really nice. all the resort was missing was a hawaian tropic convention.



then it was two days in Hoian. it's only 30 mins from Danang. the first day here, i went to the beach. alert! all these hot european chicks everywhere. i went by myself, cuz it was too hot for ryan. so i went to the beach at 10 am, with 20 bucks. after a cab ride to the beach, 10 beers, beach chair rental, towel rental and a plate of fresh seafood for lunch, i still had 10 bucks left. i did 8 beers, took a nap. had 2 more beers. took another nap. then a chick woke me up. i was hoping it was a hot chick needing assistance with some sun block, but it was just ryan and his mom. at night we went into town and looked at the laterns that cover the town. we dropped a couple of candles into the river, for good luck. similar to tossing coins into fountains.



then it was two days in Ha Noi, the capital of Vietnam. Stayed at the Sheraton. It was high class, but after the Intercontinental in Danang, nothing compares. we did the touristy things, saw all the attractions. ate the local foods. we were travel weary at this point and really did explore the city too much.



enjot the pics.


Additional photos below
Photos: 14, Displayed: 14


Advertisement



Tot: 0.063s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0372s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb