DA NANG VIETNAM


Advertisement
Vietnam's flag
Asia » Vietnam » South Central Coast » Da Nang
April 11th 2006
Published: April 12th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Arrived in Da Nang this morning. Pretty amazing to see how they dock such a huge ship.

Took a tour to Marble Mountain (aka Tourist trap), then went on to China Beach and on to the city center. The only story I will share are the motor bikes....thousands of scooters with up to four people riding. The dad drives, the mom sits behind dad with one child wedged in between them, and the older kid stands on the floor board behind the handle bars. There are proper roads and most people follow the traffic rules but not all the time. There were plenty of scooters on the wrong side of the road. Plus to make it even hairier there are no stop signs or traffic lights. Look out when you get to an intersection and good grief trying to cross the street as a pedestrian.


The embroidery shops were amazing too. The details are beautiful works of art. Some look like paintings.


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement

PILOT BOAT IN DA NANGPILOT BOAT IN DA NANG
PILOT BOAT IN DA NANG

Getting a little help from the local pilots.
CHINA BEACH FISHERMENCHINA BEACH FISHERMEN
CHINA BEACH FISHERMEN

We think they were crabbing.
CELL PHONE WORKS!CELL PHONE WORKS!
CELL PHONE WORKS!

As you can see ML is using his phone to call Hong Kong while we are at China Beach!


12th April 2006

You forgot to snap a picture of the ship!
13th April 2006

Enjoying the blog
Ellen, I am enjoying your blog; the pictures are great. Sounds like you are having a fantastic time........I want to see a picture of all the motor bikes! Enjoy the rest of your vacation (you too Mitch) and no more fainting!

Tot: 0.164s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 9; qc: 55; dbt: 0.0673s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb