Mui Ne


Advertisement
Vietnam's flag
Asia » Vietnam » South Central Coast » Binh Thuan » Mui Ne
March 15th 2011
Published: March 15th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Mui Ne is a small beach town on the east coast and is described as 'the best all round beach in the country' so we had high hopes for the place... Unfortunately it didn't live up to our expectations! The town has been taken over by big resorts and is over-run with Russian holiday makers! In between the resorts and russians however, It does have a great kite surfing and windsurfing scene, which we spent most of our time watching, in awe of the kite surfers stunts! To have a great kite surfing scene you obviously need a lot of wind which Mui Ne had in abundance. This was great for the surfers but not so great for us! We couldn't sit on the beach because it was like a sand storm, it would have been ok if we could have laid on sun beds but these were generally restricted to the resort tourists! In short, it's a great place for kite or windsurfing but unless you can afford to pay for a days lesson (which we couldn't) it's just an ok beach town ruined by resorts. 

Outside of the town however there are some great sand dunes that you can visit which we loved. There are 2 main sets of dunes; some red dunes just outside of the city and some white dunes about 20 km away. We went to both and spent a while sliding down them on plastic sheets we hired from the local kids, great fun! 


Additional photos below
Photos: 22, Displayed: 22


Advertisement



Tot: 0.114s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 9; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0557s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb