5 April 2010 - Takou Mountain


Advertisement
Vietnam's flag
Asia » Vietnam » South Central Coast » Binh Thuan » Mui Ne
April 27th 2010
Published: May 8th 2010
Edit Blog Post

We set off on our trip at 8.00. I am sitting behind the guy we booked with and he tells us that he, along with the other driver, was drinking until 5.00 in the morning. Erm!

First of all, we are taken to a house where the family makes a living from making rice paper. After that it's a visit to the fishing port/market and we then go to a local temple which is used by the fishing community. There is a festival going on and although nobody speaks any english, people are very friendly. We're taken around, shown images of different deities and invited to light incense sticks and pray. We go to the back where peole are eating and several people invite us to join them but we indicate that we can’t as we have guides waiting. On leaving the temple I mention to the guide how welcoming people were in the temple and he says it is typical of the fishing community around here.

After leaving the temple we are off to Takou Mountain. We make our way to the top in a cable car, taking in some lovely views on the way. From the top, we walk to the pagoda. Rik is tired so I carry on climbing the steps to see the ‘Sleeping Buddha’ and it is one the of the most simple but most beautiful buddhas I have seen so far (in my humble opinion). I spend some time there and make my way back down. The guide gives us some jackfruit; it is the first time I have tried it and am pleased to report that it tastes much better than it smells.

On the way back to Mui Ne we stop off at Phan Thiet market. There isn’t much we need so we end up going to a bakery and eating banana cake. After a visit to a dragonfruit plantation, we are dropped off at our hotel.

After dinner we’re back at the bar to play pool for the last time as we’re off to Dalat tomorrow.


Additional photos below
Photos: 75, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.121s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 11; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0643s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb