MUI NE


Advertisement
Vietnam's flag
Asia » Vietnam » South Central Coast » Binh Thuan » Mui Ne
October 17th 2009
Published: October 27th 2009
Edit Blog Post

We decided to get a bus to Mui Ne from Saigon in order to see Old Greg who we'd met in Chiang Mai. The bus only took four hours to get there, and as we came towards the coast and caught a glimpse of the clear blue sea, we were definitely happy that we'd made the effort to go.

Mui Ne itself is a beach resort, and apparently the kite surfing capital of South East Asia. For that reason there seemed to be a lot of Australians and sporty looking people everywhere we looked. We found Greg in a really swanky beach bar called Sankara that really was beautiful. There were paintings done on the walls, and a swimming pool in the centre of the bar. It was amazing to see him again.

We hired out some push bikes and went for a ride to the fishing village which was fifteen kilometres away from where we were staying. The people there that we spoke to seemed quite really shy, but friendly nonetheless. We found the village really charming, although it did smell quite strongly of the fish source that Mui Ne is famous for! We also managed to find a few beaches filled with coconut trees that were completely secluded so that we didn't see anyone else there at all, absolute paradise!

The sand dunes that we visited were completely Sahara-esque! All we could see for miles around us was sand. Some kids sold us some plastic sheets to ride down the hills on, and it was definitely worth seeing. We were sad to say goodbye to Greg, but really glad that we had the opportunity to see him before we go back home.


Additional photos below
Photos: 23, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.126s; Tpl: 0.016s; cc: 9; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0474s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb